Wednesday 22 April 2015

Dear DB readers: My sister-in-law has made me feel hurt and excluded, and my husband has allowed this

http://www.wikihow.com/images/1/1d/Deal-With-a-Bad-Tempered-Sister-in-Law-Step-5.jpg

From a Female DB reader....

     

I came across this blog last week and I have been enjoying it so much. I will please like to ask the house an advice concerning what has been bothering me for a while now:
My sister in law had been living with my husband before I got married to him last year. We stay in Lagos. Their parents are in Akure. She works in an insurance company and found it cost effective to stay with her brother – which is now my husband. I do not actually mind but I honestly can’t stand her excesses anymore. My husband leaves early and he only takes bread and tea. I leave the house 6am, almost the same time as she does. I work in Ikeja.
She expects me to wake up early and cook for her; she expects me to cook and keep food for her before she gets back from work in the evening; she wants me to wash her clothes; she wants me to run errands for her! I initially was doing the ones I can but she speaks so rude to me if I left any undone. I forgot to add also that she expects me to tidy her bed too. I have discussed this with my husband several times but she won’t change. The week I got so angry and stopped doing some of these was hell in our home. We actually fought verbally and she called me unprintable names!
What baffles me is that my husband does not know what to do. He seems confused and can’t confront her. He keeps saying I should just cope till she leaves. WHEN? My mother in law thinks we are in a Yoruba setting where I need to do the proper iyawo duties. I am gradually losing it!
What do I do?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:26

    What nonsense! Pack out and remarry!

    ReplyDelete

"No spam comments please, out of topic comments may be deleted"